- Home /
- News / What Labour will do for you
What Labour will do for you
Labour's manifesto for the next election is taking shape - here are some of the highlights so far.
- Freeze gas and electric bills until 2017 and make the energy market work for consumers
- Stop rip off rent rises and bring in new longer term predictable tenancies
- Cut income tax with a 10p starting rate, and restore the 50p top rate of tax for millionaires
- Back small businesses by cutting business rates and reforming bank lending
- Helping working parents with 25 hours of free childcare for three-and-four year olds
- Strong migrant labour undercutting wages by banning recruitment agencies that only hire foreign workers
- A job guarantee for the young unemployed and more apprenticeships
- Make work pay by strengthening the Minimum Wage and providing tax breaks to firms that boost pay through the Living Wage
- Get 200,000 homes built a year by 2020
- Ban exploitative zero-hour contracts
Are you with us?
Liquid syntax error: Error in tag 'subpage' - No such page slug cookies